Do you cringe every time you pull up to the pumps to fuel up your car? I know that I do, and it seems like the gas prices just keep rising and rising. You may think that there isn't anything that you can do to curb those prices, but in fact there are ways for you to effectively shave money off of your gas bill by adding efficiency to the way that you burn it. Here are the top ways that you can start to smile a little at the pumps again.
1. Drive with Style - There are several ways that you can improve your fuel burning by driving with some style. Avoid jackrabbit starts and stops and stay within the posted speed limits.
2. Check under the hood - Keep you engine tuned and the oil changed. This will help you to burn fuel at a slower rate.
3. Check the Tires - Did you know that you could improve your gas mileage by up to 3% just by making sure the tires are properly inflated? This also will save you money by not having to buy new tires prematurely.
4. Get Gas - Don't get gas that is too expensive. Most cars only need regular gasoline. The way to tell that you need a higher octane gasoline is if your engine is knocking.
5. Haul Less - Do you have junk in your trunk? Get rid of it. Hauling around extra weight wastes gas.
6. Drive Smart - Plan your route before you leave the house, try combining errands or carpooling.
7. Buy Cheap Gas - Go a little out of your way to get gas at a lower price. You can also save some money sometimes by using a gas card.
Enter for a chance to win a $1,500 Gas Card at http://www.snagafreebie.info/gascard.html
Tim has been leading people to free stuff online for 10 years, and owned one of the first freebie sites on the Internet.