Patriot

Patriot Blog

Monday, January 31, 2005

Raging Cat Fight Hits Gay Conservabloggers

Whoa, nellie. I've missed the flying fur and drawn claws over the past few days between BoiFromTroy, GayOrbit and Andrew Sullivan. I could summarize, but reading the posts themselves are more entertaining...

Salvo One: Gay Orbit Takes on BFT -- Friday, Jan. 28

Salvo Two: BFT Shrugs Off Gay Orbit and Goes for Sullivan's Jugular -- Sunday, Jan. 30

Salvo Three: Sullivan Ignores Any Other Gay Blogger But Himself and Instead Goes After The Straight Guy -- All The Time

Stepping Down from DefCon Five: GayOrbit Issues Apology to BFT - Monday, Jan. 31

The moral of the story? Two of them actually:

* One is -- a gay conservablogger cat fight only ends up in all participants receiving more traffic on their sites than normal. (And how come I wasn't invited to bitchslap someone?????)
* Second -- wield the sarcasm sword carefully. The bloggers out there are on a hair-trigger.

Mental note: Remind me not to tick off BFT!! Of course had 9 people switched and voted for me for Best LGBT Blog of 2004 (my personal Ohio), I guess I would have felt the BFT Wrath a few weeks ago. I would have the pretty "Winners Banner" on my site now instead of his. All I got was this lousy T-shirt.

No sour grapes here, right? Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home